It’s late February, and there is still some snow on the ground. Hopefully the snow will melt by early to mid March. Here are some garden related tasks that can be taken care of during March.
• If you haven’t cleaned your outdoor planters, scrub and sterilize them now with a solution of 1 part bleach mixed with 9 parts water. Then rinse them thoroughly with clean water.
• Gardening tools that haven’t been cleaned can be washed and sterilized with this bleach/water solution, or with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
• Get your pruning tools, spades, garden bed edger and mower blades sharpened if needed.
• Get your lawn mower and other garden equipment tuned-up.
• Draw up a plan for your vegetable garden so that this year’s crops will be rotated and not planted in the same place as last year.
• Contact gardening and lawn care professionals to get scheduled into their calendar as spring is a busy season for them.
• Join a garden club or take a gardening class to get new ideas and meet other gardeners.